The Blue Ash Civic League has had an early and varied history with the City of Blue Ash. The civic league in its earliest days was considered to be the "voice of the community". The organization has been known by several names through the years. The Blue Ash Civic League, incorporated in 1944, was preceded by the Blue Ash Improvement League which began to meet in 1939 and the Good Citizens League which began meetings in the 1920s.These civic organizations have served the Blue Ash community since the early 1900s providing civic, social, and community services.
The direction and purpose of the Civic League is no different today as the Civic League supports several worthwhile associations and/or causes in the community: supports BSA Troop #299 and in fact helped them with their charter in 1937, Blue Ash based Wellness Community, Sycamore Senior Center, two college scholarships to students who live in the Sycamore School District, the Blue Ash Memorial Day Parade, two youth baseball teams and two youth soccer teams. In addition throughout the year the Civic League votes to assist many other worthy causes as the needs arise.
The Civic League meets the first Tuesday of every month (no meetings in July and August) in their own building located at 9306 Towne Square Avenue, Blue Ash, Ohio. The Civic League's hall is also used by a local church, Hamilton County polling place for voting and a local Union chapter. Blue Ash Civic League Hall is the meeting site and home of the American Legion Post #630. The Hall is also available for private rentals.
As we move into 2014, the Blue Ash Civic League will continue to encourage and promote the civic advancement of the City of Blue Ash and the welfare of its merchants and residents.